|Tuskegee University Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital|
|Call Us: 334-727-8436||
Small Animal Internal Medicine
The Tuskegee University VMTH Small Animal Internal Medicine service provides advanced general and specialist-level service for local VMTH clients and referring veterinarians.
Our service manages a full spectrum of specialties including cardiology, internal medicine, neurology, and oncology, and in-house consultation with other referral services including surgery, ophthalmology and emergency/critical care. Specific diagnostic and therapeutic services offered by the Internal Medicine service include ultrasound, echocardiography, endoscopy, and advanced therapeutic procedures.
Referral services include telephone consultations with owners and veterinarians, and diagnostic and therapeutic management of cases from referring veterinarians.
Our referral procedures include, but are not limited to:
* Arthrocentesis (Joint tap)
* Bone marrow collection
* Chemotherapy administration
* Digital radiography
* EKG and Echocardiography
* Endoscopy - a minimally invasive procedures for visualization and sampling of the upper respiratory tract (nose/sinuses), lower respiratory tract (trachea, airways, and lungs), gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, upper duodenum, ileum, and colon), and urinary tract (urethra and urinary bladder procedure limited to female dogs only)
* Endoscopic foreign body removal
* Feeding tube placement (esophagostomy, percutaneous endoscopic-guided gastrostomy)
* IV Parenteral nutrition
* Transfusion with blood and specialized blood products
* Ultrasound-guided tissue aspiration and biopsies
|Veterinary Medial Teaching Hospital|
Copyright© 2016 TUCVM, Tuskegee University. All Rights Reserved